YouTube as Career
YouTube as a career !! Is it true? Yes, it is true. You can make YouTube as a full-time career option. There are a lot of YouTubers who started this as a hobby but later they this as a full-time career. YouTube has tremendous potential and opportunity. Just to give a brief idea of how big is YouTube it has 1.8 billion active users per month and 300 hours of video is uploaded every minute. It is Google’s most popular Service. It is the world’s largest video-sharing social network site. You can easily become a content creator and share your video with the world.
YouTube has given power in the hand of ordinary people. Anyone who can shoot and has a basic knowledge of editing can make and upload a video. In the olden days to put forward your opinion either you need to be a TV anchor or journalist but with the coming of Platform like YouTube you don’t have to be either. This has given a common person to raise his/her voice on the global stage.
Some of the Famous Youtuber:
- Carry Minati –His original name is Ajey Nagar. Originally from Faridabad, he is the youngest YouTuber who crossed a million subscribers and currently has 21.8 million subscribers. His YouTube channel Carryminati is known for Roasting, comedy. His other channel CarryIsLive is based on gaming. He is very popular especially in teens and people see him as a Role Model. He is India’s most successful You tuber. He attended school till 2016 when he was dropped out to pursue his career on YouTube.
- Amit Bhadana – Very famous Youtuber with 20.5 Million subscribers. Amit Badhana is born on 07 September 1991 in Bulandshahar, Uttar Pradesh. He started uploading his video on his channel in 2017. Since then he has become very popular. His videos have story, drama and all the entertaining thing which make his video so popular.
- Bhuvan Bam – One of the most famous Indian Youtuber with 18 Million Subscribers. His channel BB Ki Vines is very much popular in the YouTube audience. He is a comedian, singer, songwriter, and Youtuber from Delhi. In 2018, he was the first Indian individual YouTube content creator who crossed 10 Million subscribers. His videos are widely accepted in the Indian audience
4. Aashish Chanchalani – Big name in the YouTube community with 18.7 Million Subscribers. His videos are based on comedy. One of his YouTube videos can be seen in Hollywood movie Men in Black.
5. Gaurav Taneja – He is one of my favorite YouTubers. He is an IITan, Pilot, Professional Body Builder, certified Nutritionist, Fitness Expert, and very famous You Tuber. He has two-channel, Flying Beast and Fit Muscle TV. His vlogs are very much entertaining and family-based. He is Flight Captain by profession and Youtuber by hobby
How to Start Youtube Channel :
- Select Niche
- Create a YouTube channel
- Start uploading your videos
- Team Effort
- Select Niche – Choose the topic on which you want to create your channel. Your channel should be in a particular niche. Don’t upload videos on any random topic. If your channel niche is Sports than make a video related to sports only not anything else. If you want to make a video on a different topic than create a dedicated channel for that particular topic.
- Research – Do proper research before starting your YouTube channel. There are many videos on YouTube guiding how to start a new YouTube channel. Always select the channel “TOPIC OF YOUR INTEREST” . Do not choose the subject by seeing others.
- Equipment — You need to have a good camera and Laptop/Desktop. For beginners, a Mobile camera is also sufficient. Many big YouTubers first started shooting their videos with a mobile camera only. Different Youtuber use different equipment but some of the equipment is basic like
- Tripod or Gimbal Stabilizer
- Video Editing Software
- Create a YouTube channel – First, you need to have a Gmail account. Log in to You Tube fill some basic information and you can easily create your channel. Creating a YouTube channel is very easy and it’s completely free. It hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes. For detailed steps, you can watch “Tutorial on how to create a YouTube channel” on YouTube itself.
- Start uploading your videos – After creating your channel you can start uploading your videos. The video should be of good quality. Many new You Tuber makes the mistake of uploading a video of substandard quality. Sometimes their picture quality is not good, sometimes their audio is not up to the mark, sometimes their content is not good. These things should always be kept in mind before uploading a video.
- Monetization – Very important part. Certain criteria should meet to start your monetization. Like there should be at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time on your channel over the last 12 months.
- Advertisement – Very important to advertise your channel. You can advertise your channel on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Initially, you can promote your channel among your friends, family. This will give more views and subscribers to your channel.
- Collaboration – Collaboration is very important. Many You Tubers collaborate. This way they can reach a wider audience of both subscribers. The audience also likes their favorite You Tuber to collaborate. This is the best way to increase your subscriber and view your channel.
- Regularity – You should be regular. You should keep uploading videos at a regular interval of time. Your success is very much dependent on how much regular you are. Many You Tuber does the mistake of being irregular which is not good at all for your channel. The audience always likes regular content. They easily forget the irregular creator.
- Updates – Like you update your phone, you should also be updated. Always be aware of what is trending on the Internet. There is a high chance of success if you choose trending topics. Trending topics easily get viral and you may get initial push which is very important for the long run.
- Team Effort – This is your personal choice. You Tuber work in a team while some are a one-man army. The benefit of working in a Team is that your work is divided into your team member. Initially, you can take the help of your friend. As the income grows you can also hire a trained professional who can do video editing, shooting, etc. However, there are a lot of You Tubers who are working alone and very successful.
How YouTubers earn Money
- YouTube pays you for the number of views on your video and adds running over it. However, there are a lot of other factors also but the basic criteria are the number of views and add running over it.
- After a certain amount of subscribers and views on your video, you are eligible for monetization. Monetization means your tube will start running its add on your video and pay you for the number of views on that video.
- Monetization is one of the biggest sources of income for YouTubers. Mid-level Youtuber easily earns up to 3-4 lakh per month with this approach. Nothing is required here except your skill and basic knowledge of editing.
- YouTubers also make money by Brand deals.
- Sponsored video is also very common on YouTube. Companies pay YouTubers to advertise their product on their video. This is very common with Tech companies.
- You become a social influencer.
It’s work from home job. You don’t have to do a 9-5 job. You are your Boss. Your success is dependent on your hard work. You get a chance to work with different people. YouTube not only gives you money but also Name and fame which you might not get in a regular 9-5 job. Many Big Youtuber is treated as Bollywood celebrity. Your face is recognized everywhere. Nowadays even You Tuber are invited to in big Bollywood award show. Three is a special category for famous Youtuber. YouTube organize “YouTube Fan Fest” every year where big You Tuber (National and International) perform get awards.
The overall conclusion is that YouTube is a very vast Social Media Platform and it has tremendous opportunity. And the latest trend is showing that it is going to increase only in the future. Many people have already chosen YouTube as their full-time carrier. And here is a lot of scope for you also to do very well. The only thing required from your side is Hard-Work and dedication.