Career After 12th
Class 12 is the most important phase in student life. Your first path into professional life, the most important phase of life. Decision taken now will not only impact your career but entire professional life. 10+2/Intermediate level is the first building block of your career. It makes or breaks the phase. After passing 10+2/Intermediate who step into a tough competitive world. You have many options to choose from for higher study. Your higher study depends on the subject you have chosen at the +2 level.
Some of the options are :
- Go for Higher Study
For Science Stream students there is 2 popular stream. Engineering and Medical.
Engineering: In recent years then lust for engineering has faded but still it one of the most admired streams in Students as well as Parents. After Engineering you get B.Tech/B.E degree. A student with a PCM stream in +2 can opt for this option. It is a 4-year course. Some universities also provide a 5-year dual Integrated Course (B.Tech+MTech). Some of the Best Engineering Stream are :
Computer Science Engineering
IT (Information & Technology)
Electronics & Telecommunication
How to Admission in Engineering College:
There are multiple State Level and Central level exams but out of that JEE Main and JEE Advanced is the most important exam. It is a national level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Before 2013 it was conducted by CBSE known as AIEEE. JEE Mains and JEE Advanced is a ticket to get admission to IITs, NITs, and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI). Per year more than 12 lakh students appear for this exam across India.
JEE Mains is conducted twice a year (January & April) by NTA.
There are 2 Papers each of 3 hours :
Paper 1 – Physics Chemistry and Math for B.E./B.Tech courses
Paper 2 – Maths Aptitude Drawing and Planning for B.Arch and Planning Courses.
On-line submission of Application Form
07.02.2020 to 06.03.2020(Upto 11.50 p.m.)
Successful transaction of fee
07.02.2020 to 07.03.2020 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI/PayTM Service upto 11.50 p.m.)
Dates of Examination
Between 05.04.2020, 07.04.2020 to 09.04.2020 & 11.04.2020
Declaration of Result on NTA’s website
For getting admission to IITs (Premier Institute for Engineering in India) you need to crack JEE Advance conducted by IIT itself. Qualification Rate for JEE Advance for 2017 was 0.92% (about 11,000 out of 1,200,000 who applied for JEE Main).
Other courses for PCM student are :
- BSc (Science, IT)
Premier IIT 2020 List
Ranking by QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020
Medical: Medical is the noblest profession and one of the most popular options among students. However, due to the high cost and long course duration, it’s demand has decreased to some extent. MBBS is 5.5 years (4.5 Years of academic education + 1-year mandatory internship). A student who opted for PCB (Physics Chemistry and Biology) in 10+2 can go for Medical. There is various Exam conducted by the government like AIIMS, NEET. You can also take admission in Private College, but the fees for these colleges are very high (30-40 Lacks approx.)
Other courses for PCB students are :
Science Student also has the opportunity to pursue their career other than their core Stream like:
- Fashion Designing
- Mass Communication
- Graphic Designing
Management: Management has a broad spectrum of careers. After pursuing your degree in MBA you can easily get a high Salary Job. In fact combination of Engineering and MBA is considered best for a career and often rewarded with a very Good Job offer with the highest package in the industry. A student with commerce in 10+2 often choose this career. Science background students can also go for this.
This is a combination of BBA and MBA. BBA is a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of course and MBA is 2 years course. You can do BBA with normal college but an MBA must be perused with Premier college. After completing an MBA you can easily get a good job in any MNC with a decent package (7-8 lack starting). There are various entrance exams for MBA, with CAT (Common Admission Test) being the most premier one. Qualifying to CAT will lead to admission to IIM one of the finest Business School.
Other MBA Entrance exams are the symbiosis Exam or (SNAP).
Aviation: You will find the highest paid job in this sector in India as well as globally. The starting salary is 1-2 lakhs per month. Not everyone can become a pilot but yes it is the dream of a few privileged ones. The reason for choosing this career by a few people because of the high cost of study and training (50-60 lakhs and sometimes even higher). Few Criteria to become pilot :
- Must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50 % in Maths and Physics.
- Minimum age: Student Pilot License – 16 years, Commercial Pilot License – 18 Years
- Your Vision/hearing should be perfect.
- You should be physically and mentally fit and should not have any disease like B.P, Diabetes.
- You need to complete a minimum no. of hours to complete Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
Air-Hostess: Air-Hostess is one of the glamorous professions often chosen by girls. With a decent salary and a good lifestyle, many are attracted to this profession. You get to fly domestically as well as globally.
Criteria to Become Air – Hostess :
- Should be around 18-26 Years of age.
- Must have completed 10+2 with a degree/diploma in hospitality and tourism management.
- Height 5.2‘ or more.
- Eligibility for Indian Passport.
- Preferably unmarried.
- Good and Fluent English with good communication skills.
Finance: Chartered Accountant: It is one of the finest carrier options for commerce background students. After 10+2 you can start preparing for CA. It is very much in demand with a very handsome package. It’s a 5-year course but also depends on how fast you are clearing exams. It is considered a little tough compared to other streams seeing it’s demand it’s worthwhile.
For Arts-Based Student: If you are interested in government jobs, go for BA with Hons in (Economics or Political Science, Journalism). There are no very tough criteria to get admission in BA. A student with any stream in 10+2 can take admission for the B.A. course. While pursuing your bachelor’s degree you can also prepare for your competitive exams like IAS, Banking PO, or Railways or any Officer level government jobs. After graduation, you are eligible for nearly all Government Jobs.
Hotel Management: With India going global more and more tourists, Business People are coming to the country. This has led to massive demand in the Hospitality industry like Hotels, Tourism. The minimum criteria for Hotel Management are 10+2. However some of the courses you do after 10th std. After 10+2 you can do a diploma in Hotel Management which is almost 3 years. After completing the course you can easily get a job in any good hotel/Restaurant.
- Apart from Hotels, you can also get a job in :
- Club Management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospitality Industry which is very large in our country
- Government Tourism Jobs
- Airline Catering
- Kitchen Management in Five Star Hotels
- Travel and Toor Industry
Thumb Rule To Decide what to do
- 10+2/Intermediate is the most important phase of your life. It not only shapes your career for the next coming years but your entire life. Decision taken now will affect your whole career.
- So the decision taken at this point is very very crucial.
- Choose the carrier which you love to do because you have to live with this your entire life.
- Talk to your Parents, Seniors, or take the help of the internet. You will get a fair idea about all things on the Internet.
- Be Practical and be firm in your decision.
- Don’t wain till 10+2 to choose your career. Start doing your R&D from class 11. Follow your passion and start talking to your friend.
- And a very important point that don,t follow anyone blindly. Go with the facts, check your financial condition.
- Don’t let finance decide your career because nowadays many Banks give loans for higher studies.
- Follow your passion and start working hard because your dream job is waiting for you.